Wooden floors or hardwood floors are getting popular these days. According to latest statistics in USA alone 30.5 % of the people want, wooden floor to be installed in their home. Most remarkable thing about wooden floor is that they are available in different colors and styles. Wooden floors are also very easy to clean and its repairing cost is very cheap. Other than that it looks very decent and gives a very refreshing look.
Tools needed to install Hardwood floor
Below are the tools, which are necessary to install hardwood floor.
(ii) Measuring Tape
(iii) Drill machine
(iv) Circular saw
(v) Duct tape
(vi) Sledge Hammer
(vii) Air compressor
(viii) Jig saw
(ix) Pry par
(x) Flooring scraper
Steps to install Hardwood floor:
Follow the given below steps to install Hardwood floor at your home:
1. Measure the Room: Measure the area of room before installing the hardwood floor. Accurate measurement must be done. It is recommended to leave 5-10 % extra space for any cutting or installing adjustments.
2. Choose the board: After the measurements, select the color and style of the board that best suits your likings and environment. Make sure that board length and width is according to your home.
3. Level the sub-floor: It is necessary to level the sub-floor before installing the wood floor. The surface of the floor has to be even.
4. Roll Out the Vapor Barrier Paper: Roll out strips of vapor barrier paper, allowing at least a 4″ overlap and staple securely to the sub-floor. Use 15 pound tar paper or felt.
5. Placing the boards: For first row, you have to select long and straight board. Align the edge of the board with the chalk line and drill pilot holes down through the hardwood plank and into the sub-floor and joists. Face-nail each board at the point of every joist and set the nail with a nail-set. Face-nail the entire first row and remember to keep the board lengths random. You have to lay first boards perpendicular to underneath joists.
6. Drill Pilot holes: You have to drill pilot holes after installing the first few rows of the wooden floor; so that there is enough space for the nail gun to fix a nail in the floor.
7. Staple the Boards: Using the pneumatic nail gun, place the gun lip over the edge of the board and strike firmly with the mallet, driving the staple into the tongue of the hardwood plank.
8. Cutting and Installation of shoe molding and baseboards: Now it is time to cut and install shoe molding and baseboards around the surface of the floor on inside and outside corners.
9. Fill the Gap: In the end if there is a gap between boards fill that gap with wooden boards and you are done.