The fall season is officially upon us, which means it’s time to enjoy all of the comforts and coziness of the season. From scrumptious soups and festive fall treats to nights spent cuddling up on the couch, there’s something so special about this season.
If you’re as obsessed with autumn as we are, you’re in the right place. In this post, we’re sharing our best tips and tricks for styling your space for the season.
1. Change up your color scheme
Not sure where to start with fall decorations? Just take a look at your current color scheme first. Fall is all about warmth, changing foliage, and harvested goods such as pumpkins, squash, corn, and gourds. Use the natural elements of fall to inspire and guide your design refresh, beginning with your color scheme.
Now, we’re not saying you need to switch out all of your stuff from season to season, just remember that a few colorful accents go a long way! Here are some tips to help:
- Change out your bedroom linens and opt for warm earth tones to highlight the colors of the season.
- Invest in some cozy throw blankets in orange, red, tan, or mustard hues — don’t forget the throw pillows!
- Swap out your bathroom and kitchen towels and rugs for some more seasonally-appropriate colors.
2. Add some seasonal accents
Redecorating for fall can really be as simple as bringing in a few seasonal accents into your home. Arranging a display of gourds, ordering a wreath or bouquet of fall flowers for delivery, or picking out the perfect pumpkin from the pumpkin patch are all wonderfully easy ways you can achieve the fall aesthetic this year.
Here are a few fall accent ideas to get those interior design wheels turning:
- Edible squash
- Hay bales
- Glitter feathers
- Fall wreath
- Decorative corn
- Fall flowers
- Cinnamon brushes
- Jars of candy corn pumpkins
Keep reading for some fall-themed DIY projects to take your decorating to the next level!
3. Adjust the lighting
Another easy and effective way to ramp up your fall decor is by taking a moment to rethink your lighting scheme throughout your home. There’s nothing cozier than cuddling up on the couch with a hot cup of cocoa by the fire. If you don’t have a fireplace in your home, don’t fret, there are plenty of ways you can mimic that fall feeling without one.
- Invest in some fall-scented candles such as cinnamon, warm vanilla, orange spice, pumpkin, sandalwood, and apple cider. Not only will the candlelight remind you of a cozy fireplace but it’ll also infuse your home with the comforting scents of the season.
- Swap out bright light bulbs with soft white ones to mimic the ambiance of a fall fireplace. Note: Soft white light bulbs generally range from 2,700 to 3,000 Kelvin.
- Recreate the feel of a fall fireplace in your outdoor space with a portable campfire perfect for bringing together family and friends. Pour up some spiked apple cider or hot cocoa for peak fall vibes!
4. Do some DIY-ing
If you consider yourself a DIYer, you’ll be glad to know there are tons of ways you can revamp your space for the fall season with a few simple crafts using supplies you likely have in your crafting closet.
- Print out some of your favorite fall memories and replace some of your regular artwork and photographs with festive fall images.
- Carve out a pumpkin, letting the moisture dry out overnight. Then, line the pumpkin with a paper bag or paper towels and fill with raffia and a mixture of dried flowers.
- Make your own fall wreath — start with a styrofoam ring and a combination of ribbons, dried flowers, twigs, and other natural materials. Then, arrange the decorative items as you please, using your hot glue gun to secure.
- Search for stencil templates online to up your pumpkin carving skill for the spooky season.
Which of these projects are you going to try first? As you get ready to ring in the fall season, feel free to use this post as a blueprint for your style revamp and don’t forget to share your progress with us in the comment section below!