The sound of flowing water has a calming effect. When used as a décor element, it promotes tranquility and makes adds a Zen-like atmosphere.
If you are looking for a way to make your home more relaxing, you should seriously consider incorporating a fountain. Whether indoors or out, a fountain will serve as a focal point that will beautify any space.
When you think of a fountain, you probably think of the outdoors. However, there are fountains that are specifically designed to be used indoors, and they add instant interest and tranquility to any room they are in. Wondering how you can incorporate these features inside? Consider these ideas:
- Wall Fountains: Have a wall that is bland and lifeless? Install a fountain on it and it will instantly become the focal point of the room. There are so many different types of wall fountains to choose from: small, medium and large; made from glass, brick, stone or wood; and you can even have entire walls designed as a fountain.
- Tabletop: Don’t have the space to hang a fountain on a wall? Or are you just looking to add a subtle accent to a space? How about trying a tabletop fountain? A tabletop fountain is a smaller fountain that sits on a table serves as a beautiful centerpiece that promotes a calming feeling.
There are a number of ways that a fountain can be incorporated into your outdoor décor.
- Wall Fountain: Just like you can hang a fountain on an interior wall, you can also hang one on an exterior wall. Choose a wall that can easily be seen; perhaps a wall near your deck, or one near a patio. A fountain made of a natural element, such as stone, brick or copper, is best suited for outdoor use.
- Bird Fountain: A bird fountain is beautiful on its own, and because it attracts birds, it will add another dimension of beauty to your outdoor space. A bird fountain located in a garden will make the garden literally come to life. They come in a wide range of shapes, sizes and styles. In fact, there are literally limitless options when it comes to bird fountains.
- Standalone Fountain: Another type of fountain that you can include in your outdoor space is a standalone fountain. These self-contained units can be small and basic, requiring a basic plug and a hose to operate; or they can be grand and elaborate, requiring specialized operating units. Just like every other type of fountain, standalone fountains come in a wide variety of designs and styles. They can feature intricate carvings, statues, lights and even several water features. A standalone fountain would look wonderful in the center of a garden, in the middle of a path (with the path wrapping it around it) or in the center of a patio or deck.
If you are looking for a way to beautify the interior or exterior of your home while promoting peacefulness and tranquility, a fountain is an accent that is certainly worth considering.
By Naomi Shaw, who is a writer from California. She loves to share her knowledge on home decor and remodeling since she has been in the industry for years. In her free time she likes to hang out with her husband and three children.