The basic design of the ceiling fans are unchanged for more than 100 years. They are even same in their working style, all the fans throws air vertically and straight down. You can only relax under the blades of the fan. But, two innovative peoples Richard Halsall and Nik Hiner have found a way to move forward from the old ceiling fans. The Exhale Fan, A bladeless ceiling fan with no blades, no noise and an ability to cool down the room temperature like an AC.
No doubt that we got bored by choosing different colors and unique blades designs for every new fan. Exhale is inspired by the Nikola Tesla, an Inventor of 19th century and it will be the first fan with no blades. But, you might have to wait for this to be available it in the market.
The team has been working for 18 months to find better designs and perfect functions. Finally, the first prototype is ready, which you can see in the video. The manufacturers have completed their first phase but, now in search of investors to complete the dream project. You can help them with money at their website.
Update 2019: The bladeless ceiling fan are now available for sale in the US and Europe. Here are the respective sites where you can get them depending on your location.
- The laminar flow makes it noise free.
- No blades means no dust, you can clean it simply with a brush.
- The Fan homogenizes the air in the entire room.
- You don’t have to change the direction on every moment.
- It is also equipped with a LED lighting system.
- You can control the functions with a wireless remote.
- The design is extremely stunning.
- The cyclonic airflow maintain the freshness inside the room.
Bladeless Ceiling Fan Specifications:
- Widthn of the Fan: 34″ (863.6mm)
- Weight of the Fan: 25lbs (11.3Kg)
- Height of the Fan: 7.25″ (184.15mm)
- Used Material: Precision injection molded plastic
- CFM: 3,186 @ High speed
- Type of Motor: High efficiency DC (max 34 watts )
- Controlling facility: Wireless 6-speed remote
- Power Needed: 120v/60Hz or 240v/50Hz
- Capable to Cover: Effective in rooms up to 20’x20′
- Manufacturing: Made in the USA
- MSRP: $549.99 in standard white